Clarity has deep expertise in managing the complex infrastructure and communications that are needed to deliver and assure services across any utility communications network. It provides the operational management of the telecommunications network that enables and underpins all communications across the energy network to support utilities to build and manage smarter grids.
Clarity is a unified, standards-based platform that automates and manages the processes essential for managing transactions between Smart Grid components, providing the bridge between consumers, appliances and the utility network.
At the heart of Clarity is a centralized repository of all network assets, including meter communications devices for any network, including 3G, 4G, mesh, and PLC, meter control units, data concentration units and smart meters. Clarity also centralizes the management of the backhaul communications network across multiple technologies.
Key features include:
- Centralized management and control mechanisms for both communications and supply networks
- Intelligent monitoring of network and supply performance, to minimize outages with preventative warnings and automated powering down of non-essential appliances
- Two-way, real-time communication between head end systems and premises to enable the Smart Grids
- Customer enablement with up to the minute information on premise and appliance consumption behavior
- Dynamic network control with configurable, automated workflow to efficiently implement end-to-end processes
- Highly scalable and proven industry standard solution to support best-practice process implementation